Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Do what you like 'or' like what you do!!!

We so often come across people who do not really enjoy what they do, still continue in the same path for many reasons.

Very lucky few really like what they are doing and are very satisfied by there work. They often say "I would not change it for anything...". Whereas most people spend there time asking themselves "What was I thinking when I started this job!! How could have I spent this long on something that I did not even like!!!". The choice of a job mainly depends on what one is expecting. Few select a profession depending on how feasible the market is and where they can make big bucks!!! Quite some to fulfill there parents expectations and Rest just go with what comes in there way to help pay there bills!!! Whatever may be the reason, if you are not enjoying your work even a bit, then there is no meaning in continuing. There are people who do not like what they do, but they keep a great balance in there work and interests (outside work) and constantly tell themselves that there work is just a platform for them to make money to fulfill there interests outside. If you cannot find that balance or a way to incorporate your interests into your work life then it would be a better choice to change what you are doing.

It is very important to like what you do because it will make you much more committed and motivated to your career and to what you are doing. When you love what you do, you’ll be a much healthier and happier person, will approach your work more enthusiastically and feel a lot satisfied in life. At the end of the day you should be able to say "I am doing what I like" or at least "I like what I do"...

No comments:

Post a Comment